Sunday, May 27, 2012

Building Up & Building Home

tag:
Life has been moving and changing at quite a pace...go summer energy! Andres & I have started our moving process from our current home (goodbye magical nest!). On to a new spot just a few miles up the road called Laughing Heart Living Farm, where we will be helping the family living there to build their home. We will be spending the summer living in a 10 x 20' tent nestled in the trees, cooking and eating in an outdoor kitchen, bathing in an outdoor shower or the Yuba river, using a compost toilet, getting all our power from the sun and all our own energy from the food we're growing on site (mostly)!

I'm excited about this upcoming chapter and all the learning and community building it will hold...it's already been bringing so much of it into my life just in the planning stage! Part of that planning has been organizing and marketing an earthbag building workshop happening at Laughing Heart in July. Since I really dig organizing, this has been a fun task! And all the time I'm putting into supporting Laughing Heart (LH) is also building skills and talents that will greatly benefit me once I join One Community...and in life in general. If you haven't heard me share about One Community (OC), feel free to ask! I'll write more in future posts.

It has been sweet all the ways these two communities have been weaving their way through my life. Most currently, an OC member has decided to join us at LH in June as a WWOOFer, and another OC member is coming to co-lead the workshop!! A few others are considering participating in the workshop...my fingers are crossed! So sweet to get to connect these worlds that are so meaningful in my life.
.............................................

If you're interested in the workshop, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts!